1. It is the general manager who makes the _______decisions in business.
2. The American Red Cross is one of the volunteer organizations _______ purpose is to help the sick and the needy.
3. No sooner _______ than they began to work.
(A) they had arrived
(B) they would arrive
(C) had they arrived
(D) would they arrive
4. The man told me that by the end of the week he _______ away from his hometown for 20 years.
(A) has been
(B) will have been
(C) is to be
(D) would have been
5. I have two hobbies. One is fishing, ____ is cooking.
(B) the other
6. It was strange _______ she left without saying a word.
7. Planning so far ahead _____ no sense — so many things will have changed by next year.
(B) is making
(D) has made
8. I often ______ the cooking for my family, but recently I have been too busy to do it.
(A) will do
(C) am doing
(D) had done
9. In Britain people drive _____the left.
10. When the girl heard the news, she could do nothing but ______ back home.
(C) ：to go
11. It’s high time ( ) bed!
(A) to go to
(B) go to
(C) went to
12. Large fish usually _____ small fish.
(B) ：take on
(C) ：feed on
13. They ______ thankful to have the opportunity to further their studies.
(A) ：would like to be
(B) ：ought to be
(C) ：would rather be
(D) ：had better be
14. All things ____, the planned trip will have to be called off.
(B) ：be considered
(D) ：having considered
15. Not only ______ our money, but we were also in danger of losing our lives.
(A) ：we lost
(B) ：lost we
(C) ：we did lose
(D) ：did we lose
16. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ______ he or she wants.
17. Xiao Lu won a ______ at the tennis match.
18. He cannot be tired _______ he has walked only half a mile.
(D) ：as long as
19. As to who is to be hired, it is the Human Resources Department（）has the final say.
20. You can experience a fast internet connection in（）the same way as you do in the office.
(C) better .
21. Williams’ proposal,（）at a board meeting last week, was to set up a committee to review the marketing plan.
(D) to be discussed
22. the fact（）we may not be able to directly assist you does not mean your complaint isn’t valid.
23. Generally, you should avoid（）business over a meal until your host gives a signal.
(A) talk about
(B) talking about
(C) to talk about
(D) talked about
24.Nothing can prevent him _____ learning Chinese painting.
25. The manager showed the new employee _______ to find the supplies.
1. If it were not for the fact that he was a millionaire, she ____ him.
(A) might never marry
(B) will never marry
(C) would never have married
(D) would never marry
2. My grandfather had suffered from cancer for two years. It was no surprise when I was told that he had _____.
(A) passed off
(B) passed away
(C) passed by
(D) passed over
3. Computer software _____ some 70 percent of our range of products.
(A) picks up
(B) focuses on
(C) accounts for
(D) is based on
4. One rainy night the policeman had a chance _____ with a gang of smugglers.
5. Don’t take any action until you are fully _____ with the situation there.
6. So clear was his _____ of the case that others had no more to say.
7. The world is trying every means to _____the friendship between the two countries.
8. When she was criticized, she claimed that it was outside her _____of responsibility.
9. She was so _____ in her job that she didn’t hear someone knocking at the door.
10. The young people are _____ of their responsibility toward society.
11. Free ______ of shampoo is distributed from door to door.
12. Due to the fact that she was naturally timid, she shrank from any ____ social and cultural activities.
(A) comprehension of
(B) study on
(C) success in
(D) participation in
13. After so many years, he still ____ the hope that his lost son would return one day.
(A) clang to
(B) clung to
(C) inclined to
(D) subjected to
14. After failing the exams three times, Jack realized that he’d never ____in English.
(A) see to it
(B) attain it
(C) catch it
(D) make it
15. When a fire____ at the National Exhibition in London, at least ten priceless paintings were completely destroyed.
(A) broke off
(B) broke out
(C) broke down
(D) broke up
16. He is late again today. I’ll ____ that he will not be late tomorrow.
(A) refer to it
(B) look to him
(C) see to it
(D) turn to it
17. The idea of winning the eyes of the people around ____ powerfully to some youngsters, so they are eagerly identifying themselves.
18. Spitting on the ground is not only ______ but also harmful to others’ health.
19. Happiness doesn’t necessarily ______ money.
(A) go for
(B) go through
(C) go back
(D) go with
20. Every time when I go back to my hometown, I usually spend two days ____ of my relatives.
(A) going the rounds of
(B) rounding up
(C) making the rounds of
(D) rounding on
21. So little ____ with each other that the neighbors could not settle their difference.
(A) agreed did they
(B) did they agree
(C) they agree
(D) they did agree
22. It was not until he arrived in class _____ realized he had forgotten his book.
(A) when he
(B) that he
(C) and he
23. There are some areas which are still densely populated ____ their severe weather conditions.
(A) due to
(B) with regard to
(C) regardless of
(D) but for
24. He departed ____ to catch the train only to find his ticket was left in home.
(A) in hurry
(B) in haste
(C) in a haste
(D) with haste
25. You will probably _____ your team’s chance to win because you seem to have such a great ______them.
(A) affect; influence
(B) effect; influence
(C) affect; effect on
(D) effect; affect on
1. A university ____ of teachers, administrators and students.
2. Our new house is very ____ for me as I can get to the office in five minutes.
3. There’s little chance that mankind would _____ a nuclear war.
4. Medical research has shown that the widespread use of cigarettes contributes ___ the increaseof cancers.
5. When traveling, you are advised to take travelers’ checks, which provide a secure _____ tocarrying your money in cash.
6. Louis was asked to ___ the man who stole her purse.
7. The car ran over the child, but by a _____ he was unhurt.
8. The scientific quest is grounded in reason and ____ inference from known facts.
9. We agreed to accept ____ they thought was the best guide.
10. Evidence came up _____ specific sounds are recognized by babies as young as 6 months old.
11. Since evidence of the fraud came to light, Congress has been demanding a ______ investigation.
12. I am not sure whether I can gain any profit from the investment, so I can’t make a(n) ____ tohelp you.
13. The new apartment built a few months ago is large enough to _____ over two hundred people.
14. He offered to ___ her a hand as the suitcase was too heavy for her to carry.
15. None of us expected the chairman to _____ at the party. We thought he was still in hospital.
(A) turn in
(B) turn over
(C) turn up
(D) turn down
16. As a result of careless washing the jacket _____ to a child’s size.
17. the newcomers found it impossible to ____ themselves to the climate sufficiently to makepermanent homes in the new country.
18. the old couple decided to ____ a boy and a girl though they had three of their own.
19. The footballer made a (n) _____ gesture, which made the audience’s blood boil.
20. It is better for you to be _____ about its consequences before you take any action.
21. Only when one is ______ of one’s getting behind is one more likely to catch up.
22. As a result of his hard work, he has gained ______ to the Beijing University.
23. In the wife’s eyes, his _____ to their marriage life is far from perfect.
24. Since the matter was extremely _____, we dealt with it immediately.
25. Although they had suffered heavy losses, they refused to ____ defeat.
26.Features such as height, weight, and skin color ____ from individual to individual and fromface to face.
（3）联系电话：13140109176 （张老师） 微信：13140109176